Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Blind Faith - Sagarika Ghosh

Well... Why did I pick this book? Mainly because it was written by Sagarika Ghosh of the IBN fame and she does have some decent posts up her blog.
So... was I disappointed.. not entirely. It didn't start off well.. it jerked between a novel and a news report.. but it did pick itself up somewhere in between.. but then again the end was a bit of a damper.
Although the characters are pretty intruiging, there are a lot of unnecessary explanations given to certain events whereas certain interesting ones just breeze through. It comes out more like a first time novel.. although I think she has already published atleast one that I know of.
But I must add that the Indi is one of the best character sketches I have read so far.
A decent one...but could have been a lot better.

6 comments:

Ravi Chandra Eyunni said...

Hi reviewers! This blog is definitely very useful for book buyers like me! It truly helped me to decide to buy or not!

Unknown said...

Its nice to know that the blog helped you Ravi!

Unknown said...

Sagarika Ghosh SUCKS ! Blind faith is Bull Crap.

Anonymous said...

I actually thought, it would come out well. But your tell me otherwise.

Vibha said...

Hi, came to this blog thro' somebook review link. It is exactly how I felt about this book. I also manage two blogs -

http://literarysojourn.blogspot.com(mainly dedicated to book reviews and interviews)

and http://bitestories.blogspot.com
(short stories for little children)

Do visit sometime.

Unknown said...

You have some pretty interesting stories on your blog Vibha.