Thursday, May 24, 2007

White Man Falling - Mike Stocks


LibraryThing has these fun stats where it displays books that you share with only one other person and thats how I stumbled on Mike Stocks. He and I are the only ones who own Kalki's selected short stories.
White man falling is a story of how sometimes 'suddenly out of the blue' or 'out of nowhere' incidents end up making such a drastic impact on our lives. Its a rather humorous take of how when a white man falls over one Retired Inspector Swami (who by the way is famous for having tried to commit suicide with just a cycle tube) leads to such bizarre events in life that he ends up as Guru Swamiji.
It based in a long forgotten town in Tamil Nadu and its hearting to see someone based in Edinburgh write such a nice little novel about something like this.

3 comments:

Rk said...

wow..u r directly connected to Mike :D

Unknown said...

I know ;)

Anonymous said...

quite impressed with Mike, writing a tale based in TN :-)

I found your blog, when I was hunting for a review.

I like it very much! :)

Veens